Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Joseph, Humble, Kind & Thoughtful

Today, I was in the car with my sister in law CY.  She commented she will be running out of petrol in car soon. "Joseph will remind me when he gets into my car," she remarked. It was a remark that mark my heart. Yes, Joseph is one who will keep a look out when no one is looking. He is one who observes quietly at the background, unexpectedly, when he sees a need, he steps in. I must admit, I didn't impart that to him, much as I wish I did.

In fact last weekend during breakfast at a hotel, I was both tired and stressed from a nagging flu. Out of frustration, I told both him and Prissy, that they should grow up instead of relying on me to get food for them at the buffet line. And when I was done helping them and started to dig into my food, they had finished and wanted to go home! I was MAD! Lecture from Mummy follows suite....telling them that how inconsiderate both of them were to behave this way, and its time that they step up!
By the next morning, I have forgotten about this incident (thank GOD that I have short memory) but my kids didn't. Both of them helped themselves to the buffet line, even when it meant that Joseph had to order and carry a hot bowl of noodle soup and prissy having to tiptoe to reach the bread. Yes, I'm both touched and proud of their immediate improvement. This just challenges me that being the more mature one, I too should aim for immediate improvement, not delayed nor laden myself with excuses to stay status quo!

So in the car, I continued the conversation about Joseph with God.....The same message was emailed to him!
 Joseph is observant on matters where others aren't! He will observe a need to help out without being asked...in a self-directed way, without drawing attention to himself.
I love your humble spirit, kind and thinking of others! Praise the Lord for you! & I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Joseph restoring joy to a friend

We were at a family retreat at Cameron Highlands. Children were having a fun time playing frisbees when one child, Ashton, threw the frisbee...