Monday, April 9, 2018

Joseph restoring joy to a friend

We were at a family retreat at Cameron Highlands. Children were having a fun time playing frisbees when one child, Ashton, threw the frisbee out of range.....down the steep mountain. Efforts were made by everyone, trying to retrieve but to no avail. Graphs were charted to estimate where the frisbees could have been landed, manpower mapper out.. but alas, the steep mossy hill had declared its sovereignty over all of us. Hence, the rescue mission was called off, everyone went on to their next activity which was worship. As we were about to get started, Joseph came up to me and say "I'll go get Clarissa and Ashton to come?" "Clarissa is already on her way." I replied as I looked around the hall and found that Ashton was missing. "Please get Ashton." I concurred with him, though a bit reluctantly as he would have missed out a little on the session.

Minutes later, Ashton entered the hall with drooping shoulders with Joseph following behind. I made room for Joseph to sit next to me and whispered "What happened to Ashton?" "He was angry at himself for losing the frisbee and retreated to his room. But I told him to come worship with us." Joseph replied. I was moved by my boy's sensitivity to his friend as I had no idea that the failed rescue mission meant that Ashton had piled guilt and unforgiveness on himself!

When the worship session was over, I told Joseph that he had set his friend free from his own guilt and restore joy to him. I can't imagine how Ashton's day would have turned out if he had thought everyone was angry at him for losing the frisbee when in fact no one was! By him coming to the worship, he could see that for himself. Praise the Lord for both Ashton and Joseph! I pray both have learnt valuable lessons through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joseph restoring joy to a friend

We were at a family retreat at Cameron Highlands. Children were having a fun time playing frisbees when one child, Ashton, threw the frisbee...