Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Footprints of a Giant


It has been difficult for me to blog, not because I don’t want to but purely because I am dry. When Liz passed away, I was reminded of the countless number of times that she had inspired me, one of which was blogging! I could still remember that when she was first diagnosed with 4th stage lung cancer more than 2 years ago, Clarissa was also diagnosed with H1N1.  We upheld each other in prayer with her encouraging me over the phone: “Fee, you should start blogging and share about God’s goodness like I am doing now!” So, there I began! She was more excited than I was with my blog!

Such were the ways that she had touched me. Through the months, she had become my prayer warrior. Whenever my kids were plagued with illnesses, she was there to encourage me through her smses and prayers. There was much to learn much from this faith giant: I didn’t know much about persistency in praying until I started keeping tabs of her blog. She has indeed taught me to never give up in praying, even when circumstances show otherwise.

Now that she is in a better place, I am stuck in a bitter-sweet situation. Although I would love her to be with us, I know that God has a better plan for her and for me. Afterall, this is only a temporary separation. I would need to run my race here, so that I could fulfill what God has in stored for me; Liz has finished her race faithfully, touching many lives. Great is her reward in heaven. 

2 comments:

  1. Her journey (Liz's) may NOT be as long as what we like it to be, but she has touched many lives, and now she operates from a different plain, and we, we have to, in the words I had given her before, be "onward marching" soldier. May the Lord be kind to you and let you have another, who will spur you on. May we all be strong and steadfast in the face of adversity, for there will be adversities in life. But we also have our Lord, our Friend, and our Delieverer.

    You write well, do continue to write.

    With much love in Christ Jesus,
    Anthony Chia

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear anthony, thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Joseph restoring joy to a friend

We were at a family retreat at Cameron Highlands. Children were having a fun time playing frisbees when one child, Ashton, threw the frisbee...