Friday, January 6, 2012

Joseph is now 7 years' old


This year, Joseph will be entering the BIG primary school! Although progression is to be congratulated and celebrated, I will miss my boy, afterall, he is slowing stepping into the path of independence!

Unlike his demure and serious sister, Joseph is humorous and loves to talk nonsense! Over the past 7 years, he has taught me how to laugh at my mistake, let loose and be silly for a while (yup, I am too serious at times!). His most annoying trademark – possessing a loose tongue, has caused me to look at things differently.

He loves to call me “naughty mummy” when I give him too much homework but wears the sweetest smile if he needs my permission to indulge in a packet of junk. To an outsider, he might seem rough and loud, he has a tender side that trickle through.

In April 2011, our family celebrated the arrival of our no 3, Priscilla. Joseph has risen to be a very responsible and dotting brother, much to my surprise. Whenever he received any presents, he would not delay in showing his little sister his latest prized possession. Recently over Christmas, he displayed his mini-collection of nerf guns to Priscilla, showing her how to load, aim and shoot!

I am really blessed to have Joseph in my life, its God’s way of telling me that its ok to be silly sometimes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joseph restoring joy to a friend

We were at a family retreat at Cameron Highlands. Children were having a fun time playing frisbees when one child, Ashton, threw the frisbee...