Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Child Disobedience

Lately, I have been struggling to get Clarissa to do her homework on time. She used to be self disciplined and would ensure that her heavy school work is done before dinner time. However, recently, I found that she is easily distracted by numerous stuff such as TV programme, magazines, our pet Curly and including my mum's cooking! Without realizing it, she had let the day slipped by and eventually, she had run out of time! As a result, her homework time started to encroach into her bed time.

I have limited patience and had tried to talk some sense into her, but to no avail. Finally today, I couldn't take it any longer and told her off in a loud voice. Then, I retrieved to a quiet place to "discharge" my anger and disappointment. Little did I know that I would be nudged by a still small voice "Why are you so hurt? She is just a child! You are my child but do you always obey me? You were disappointed because Clarissa did not do her homework on time, do you know how disappointed I am when you turn away from me?" I was dumbfounded as I didn't expect God to speak to me especially when I was angry. However, He is right. While picking on Clarissa's mistakes, I have missed out my own; while dwelling in my own disappointment, I fail to realize that I have also inflicted God with my disobedience

6 comments:

  1. Opps, I thought I made a mistake in my comment so removed it and now, I'm reinstating it :-)

    Hi Fee. Very profound blog entry. I think besides picking on the little things in others, we also have to remember we shouldn't pick on our own faults and magnify it to a point where we feel ineffective and useless before God. After all, as you so aptly put it that we also can be disobedient and when we take a step back we can evaluate better. Thanks for sharing cause it sure opened my eyes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kwong
    thank you for your reminder...you are right, i need to practice forgiveness on myself too.
    fee

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very heartfelt sharing. Most of the time, i'm commenting on my kids mistakes unknowingly forgotten mine. really an ey opener for us parents. Thanks Fee for the blog, really enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi trix,
    thanks for leaving a note. I am also learning to see my children through God's eyes. Its tough but is rewarding.
    Fee

    ReplyDelete
  5. today was good, as I learnt about Liz's and your blog, another way to be connected to others in our church which I sometimes feel so lost in. I came today only because I wanted to help my friend Anna, who's a new Christian. Yup, my kids try my patience too (www.keepingtaps.blogspot.com) as I do our Lord...He's got plans, I reckon. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi patsy
    i was beginning to regret for not asking you for your blog on sat but am really pleased that you have found me instead!
    will pray for you!
    love
    fee

    ReplyDelete

Joseph restoring joy to a friend

We were at a family retreat at Cameron Highlands. Children were having a fun time playing frisbees when one child, Ashton, threw the frisbee...