Saturday, February 18, 2012

Baby Food

These days, parents really go the extra mile in preparing baby food for their toddlers. I mean, just by reading what goes into Prissy’s porridge would make me salivate. Here is the menu:-

“Rice porridge cooked with free range chicken and organic veggie harvested from the day (ie long beans or spinach), double boiled and slow cook for eight hours to a smooth mushy paste, totally delectable for toddlers and babies alike, including some hungry parents! You could be assured of quality & zero seasoning - only natural flavours that arise from the seepage of chicken juice into the porridge and fresh veggie.” 

Except of course, Prissy can't read yet. So, I am like Prissy’s cupbearer everyday, sampling the porridge before feeding her. “If I were a baby, I would gobble up everything and not a mushy grain would be left on my plate.” I told myself. But babies have the fussiest taste incomprehensible. When I offered one spoonful of mouth-watering porridge, all she did was turn her head away! Another attempt was met with a slight pursing of lips – she used her lips to determine if the food was acceptable, worse than any customers you could find in the restaurant: Even fool knows that there is no taste bud on the lips!

So there we have it: grown-ups could put in as much effort as possible in pleasing a baby but such effort could quite often go unappreciated. But the times when Prissy opens her mouth and welcome every spoonful, I am on cloud 9, savouring the “floodgate” that is before me and quite often, forgetting how difficult she had been. Parents are so easily appeased too!

I feel immensely blessed to be in this position, where I am placed to please my 10- month baby. I have no doubt that my Father in Heaven too is looking at me, as His prized possession and treasure, pleasing me with His many wonderful gifts, and Prissy is no doubt one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joseph restoring joy to a friend

We were at a family retreat at Cameron Highlands. Children were having a fun time playing frisbees when one child, Ashton, threw the frisbee...