Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lesson from the Carpark

After being caught in a torrential rain 2 days ago, I am now down with a bad cold and a headache which is slowing turning into a migraine. Today is one of those days that I could neither pray nor read the bible. I felt a constant army of discharge coming on from my nose as soon as I am upright and if I were to move one inch, I could feel my head pounding. In fact, I was downcast and irritated. The only thing that I felt like doing was sleeping; and if either Clarissa or Joseph were to make a demand from me, they know that my answer would not be favorable.

Of course I believe in healing but somehow, today, God didn’t intend for me to be healed instantly like He did for Clarissa. As I was lamenting how miserable I felt throughout the day, it was already dinner time! I felt distant from God as I had blew my top off a couple times in front of my children and Ray; Therefore,  I was even beginning to accept that as my punishment, my sinus is returning. Somehow, my headache has affected my “antenna”.

Over dinner, my spirit was dampened with guilt and was hoping that this day would end soon. As we got into the lift to get to the carpark, Ray had forgotten which floor the car was parked. While we were moving from one floor to the next in search of our car, Ray had walked well ahead of me; Joseph and Clarissa were following closely behind. I was dragging myself slowly with no sense of directions or whereabouts.

Suddenly, my eyes were opened. I saw Joseph and Clarissa dashing across the parking lanes while Ray was too far ahead to hold their hands; and I was too far behind to catch up. As I called out to Ray that the kids were running in the car park with no adult supervision, he realized the danger of moving cars and took their hands. Before I could sigh with relief, Ray found our car and opened the car door just barely 1 cm away from hitting Joseph’s head!

My headache was still there but it was no longer significant; I realized that at that very moment, none of us could have prevented any accident from taking place; only God can. God is in full control of our lives even when we think otherwise. Today, I am very grateful that He protected my children from unforeseeable harm. To describe this aptly, I am quoting my friend, Mr Liew’s email:-

“The agape love of God says, “ I don’t care what you do. I don’t care who you are. I will love you. I will seek the best for you. I will seek the good things for you. I will seek to do the good things for your life. I will lift you up and will bless your life. I will make you a better person than you are. I want to make you better than you are.” That is the agape love of God. It is eternal, it never changes”

No, in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angles, nor principalities, nothing present, nor things to come, nor powers,nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love (agape) of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joseph restoring joy to a friend

We were at a family retreat at Cameron Highlands. Children were having a fun time playing frisbees when one child, Ashton, threw the frisbee...