Wednesday, December 23, 2009

An Adventure not to be Missed!

Another person whom I would take my hats of for the year would be my dear friend Liz Mah. Liz was diagnosed with 4th stage lung cancer back in June and not long after that, she started a blog called “Liz’s Adventure”!

If it were up to me, I would call mine “My Suffering Journal” or “My Last Words!” But, to call it an adventure!? Who in their right mind would classify cancer as an adventure! However, Liz knew exactly what she was on to. This was God’s adventure for her and she took it up with great faith! Now, nearly 6 months on, the tumours in the rest of her body such as the skull and liver, had miraculously disappeared. The main tumour in her lungs has also reduced in size significantly.

Throughout this period, she has been an inspiration and encouragement to many. Her perception of God had prompted me to ask God for the impossible, like healing my sinus!

Indeed, He is our Creator and our Healer. Whether we perceive it or not, He has our best interests in mind. To be totally drenched in His love and words during such challenging times have made Liz to be a stronger person. I felt so privileged to be able to witness her journey with God.

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. (2 Corinthians 2)

1 comment:

  1. Hmm looks like my first comment didn't go through. ..It has been such an encouraging journey for me to witness since Clarissa's first miracle. Certainly, God is doing great things in our lives and I pray more of us will "catch the fire". It's so exciting to be on adventure w God. He gives us exceedingly abundantly more than we can ask for!

    ReplyDelete

Joseph restoring joy to a friend

We were at a family retreat at Cameron Highlands. Children were having a fun time playing frisbees when one child, Ashton, threw the frisbee...